Tissue sarees are one of the most delicate and feminine forms of sarees. They are so named because they are woven with extremely fine threads of silk that lend it the appearance and texture of tissue paper. As far as silk sarees go, these are one of the most famous and most coveted sarees in the category. It is just like the famous Banaras silk sarees.
What is Tissue Fabric?
- Tissue fabric is a fine fabric made of silk or man-made fibre.
- They are characteristically interwoven with gold or silver threads.
- Most common warp is Katan Silk, Cotton or Kora Silk. The resultant pairings have a sheen on the fabric but the texture is different in each case.
- It is manufactured in rich colours and they are used as women's dress material, sarees etc.
- Kota tissue and Uppada tissue are most commonly known types of tissue fabric.
- The Kota tissue saree come from Rajastan, India.
- The Uppada tissue sarees come from Andhra Pradesh, India.